they have been extremely popular ever since. Also due to thier doctile nature they have very easy care requirments.My reactions to finding out that crested geckos weren't seen or heard of for a while was interesting to me. Working at a petstore I come to learn of alot of things this was one that I did not know.
I believe I reacted suprised to find out that the crested geckos were "exstinct" because they seem so popular now and they are very distinct creatures to be unseen.
Having a crested gecko as a pet is easy a water dish is hardly required for they like to drink from the drops off a leaf instead. Most gecko's cannot blink their eyes, the crested gecko licks their eyes to moisten them. Which I saw as very interesting, they also like room tempurature, in the the 70's to 82 degrees. crested geckos eat fruit and sometimes a little apple sauce, their diet may also but not nesissarily consist of crickets and mealworms, which they love! In conclusion I think crested geckos are one of the coolest reptiles there are.

This is so neat! I love to learn about rare species. I love animals as well so this was a double treat to read.
ReplyDeleteI agree--it's fascinating to read about species that scientist thought were gone that really aren't. Just goes to show that they don't know as much as they think they do.
ReplyDeleteCouple of little tips for readability: first, run the spell checker--blogger's got one up near the link button. Second, hit enter a second time between paragraphs.
I am glad to hear that these poor little guys arn't all gone. It gives me hope that there are still some places on this planet where animals are still living and hopefully less disturbed by humans.
ReplyDelete