Friday, September 11, 2009

Eden Memorial Park

I found this story at http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/11/siu.cemetery.remains/index.html. it is about the Los Angeles, California cemetery, has been accused of desecrating the remains of those buried there. The lawsuit is filed by F. Charles Sands, whose parents are buried at Eden Memorial Park, against the cemetery and its owner. The workers of the cemetery “intentionally, willfully and secretly desecrated the remains of deceased individuals,” moving them to make more room. More than 500 graves were dug up without the permission from the families. On top of removing them from their proper burial they also discarded the remains improperly, said attorney Michael Avenatti. The groundskeepers were secretly instructed to break buried concrete interment vaults with backhoes, sometimes human remains would often fall out of the broken caskets, and those body parts were either thrown away or scattered.

I was shocked when I read this story, It amazes me how selfish and crude people can be. I believe it is wrong to dig up someone’s grave and especially without permission. My thought towards the end of the story did not change, only became stronger.

I believe I acted I acted harshly, I think the groundskeepers should get a life punishment for disrespecting the deceased. They acted heartless and they, “ Intentionally, willfully and secretly desecrated the remains of deceased individuals.” That very sentence gave me the chills, you wouldn’t think human beings could be so deceiving.

Over all this story was very depressing, and I hope all the families affected by this tragedy can get through this on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment