HUGE RATS!
Deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea, a new species of giant rat with no fear of humans have been discovered. I found this at New York times, it is my favorite news source, especially for science and health. These little lovable creatures live in volcanic craters. This rat is amazingly 32 inches long, said scientist traveling with a BBC film crew to the “lost” Mount Bosavi crater. On this adventure there were also other creatures that were found to either be very different or even thought to be extinct. To be exact they found 40 other creatures, including bizarre fanged toads, tiny bear-like creatures, and grunting fish. All of their new discoveries and crazy animals will be shown on the (Lost Land of the Volcano)on BBC. The show will highlight that the local rainforest is being destroyed at the rate of 3.5% a year!
After I read this article I thought it was terrible that the rain forest is being destroyed everywhere, the rainforest are barely surviving. It’s depressing for all the animals that once had homes and had to move on or they didn’t have the chance to leave. I find it sad that nature has to take its toll in some cases, in this context it is because of the volcano. Also, humans do their part as well in “marking our territory” and doing what we want where ever we want. I believe that animals are harmless and cannot truly stand up for themselves, so their homes get destroyed and so does their pride. After finishing reading this article I was still disturbed about the rain forests and the animals losing their home.
My first reaction to this article was like I said above it’s depressing to see such a natural habitat being destroyed. It’s unimaginable to figure these circumstances, “3.5 % of the local rainforest are being destroyed.” Just imagine that being the entire earth instead of the rainforest, I’d say it would be 13% of the earth destroyed yearly, compared to the 3.5% of the rainforests. That is a dramatic statement, but I was only implying that it could happen and we would have little help to stop it when it does. It’s scary to think that it could happen to us, what if we all of a sudden got wiped out of our daily routine. I think I reacted the way I did because good and bad things always happen for a reason, and we are ignorant to think otherwise.
In conclusion, this article was good in a few ways like the scientist discovering the rat and forty other different species. But more so it was an eye opener because they talked about the rainforest and how fast it and the creatures in it are disappearing.
Deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea, a new species of giant rat with no fear of humans have been discovered. I found this at New York times, it is my favorite news source, especially for science and health. These little lovable creatures live in volcanic craters. This rat is amazingly 32 inches long, said scientist traveling with a BBC film crew to the “lost” Mount Bosavi crater. On this adventure there were also other creatures that were found to either be very different or even thought to be extinct. To be exact they found 40 other creatures, including bizarre fanged toads, tiny bear-like creatures, and grunting fish. All of their new discoveries and crazy animals will be shown on the (Lost Land of the Volcano)on BBC. The show will highlight that the local rainforest is being destroyed at the rate of 3.5% a year!
After I read this article I thought it was terrible that the rain forest is being destroyed everywhere, the rainforest are barely surviving. It’s depressing for all the animals that once had homes and had to move on or they didn’t have the chance to leave. I find it sad that nature has to take its toll in some cases, in this context it is because of the volcano. Also, humans do their part as well in “marking our territory” and doing what we want where ever we want. I believe that animals are harmless and cannot truly stand up for themselves, so their homes get destroyed and so does their pride. After finishing reading this article I was still disturbed about the rain forests and the animals losing their home.
My first reaction to this article was like I said above it’s depressing to see such a natural habitat being destroyed. It’s unimaginable to figure these circumstances, “3.5 % of the local rainforest are being destroyed.” Just imagine that being the entire earth instead of the rainforest, I’d say it would be 13% of the earth destroyed yearly, compared to the 3.5% of the rainforests. That is a dramatic statement, but I was only implying that it could happen and we would have little help to stop it when it does. It’s scary to think that it could happen to us, what if we all of a sudden got wiped out of our daily routine. I think I reacted the way I did because good and bad things always happen for a reason, and we are ignorant to think otherwise.
In conclusion, this article was good in a few ways like the scientist discovering the rat and forty other different species. But more so it was an eye opener because they talked about the rainforest and how fast it and the creatures in it are disappearing. It is a good thing to know to beable to think about and to learn more, but with every person who knows something different, are they doing something different? That is the question, do people care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment