I actually was watching Ellen when I first heard of this boy. Mathew Wayne Shepard was a student at the University of Wyoming he was only 21 years old when he was murdered. In Laramie, Wyoming, he was invited to hang out with a few friends of his till in the car things started going bad. He was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, he was then tied to a fence, and left to die in the cold. The crime was sought to be a hate crime. Shepard was discoved 18 hours later, he was still alive, but in a coma state. He suffered a fracture from the back of his head to the front of his right ear. He was pronounced dead on October 12, 1998 at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins. Police arrested the men who did this to Matt, they found the gun and the victims shoes and wallet in their truck. The men who did this to Matt admitted that “they were planning to rob a gay man that night.” They were not intending to kill him either, but to have the mindset “O were going to go rob from a gay person?” I don’t understand how people think of themselves, I mean seriously, how are you so much better than a gay person? What aspects do you have that they don’t?
When I saw the episode of Ellen and Mathews mother was talking on the show it made me want to write an article about this young man. It made me upset to hear these things about this poor young boy. I was also encouraged that Mathews mom would make a big difference. She actually wrote a book about her son, in loving memory of his brave heart and courageous mind.
I think it is completely wrong and ignorant to think of homosexuals as weak and gross. They are a normal people just like everyone else, there are bad people in this world, and there are killers, rapist and other things that are not human. People don’t realize you should be worried about those types of people and not so strung up on gay people because they choose to be themselves and not care one lick what you think. They just want to be treated and heard just like everyone in this world does. I feel sympathy for Mathew’s mother, she not only had to deal with losing her son but going through the trouble of putting the ones who did it away. Which might be one of the best ways to help get over the loss of her son, is to bandage it with the punishment done to others. Which the men who did this hate crime are sentenced life in prison.
In conclusion, this story hopefully will open people eyes, to see that God does the judging and accepting not I nor you. He is the most wise and knowing of all, who are we to try and place others in a placement of not acceptance for what reasoning?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment