I found this article at CNN.com. Everyone loves Oprah Winfrey, she has been one of the best talk show host for the past 25 years. Anyone and everyone from 10 to 70 years old love’s Oprah. Words from Christina Norman, is that the Oprah Winfrey show was coming to an end sadly for America. “She is the life force behind OWN and will be guiding the effort for this completely new 24-hour television experience premiering in January 2011.” Oprah announced she was stopping the show on Sep 9, 2011 at the end of one of her shows. “Oprah Winfrey arguably has more influence on the culture than any university president, politician, or religious leader, except perhaps the Pope.” Said, by Vanity Fair Magazine.
My first reaction was saddening, I love watching Oprah’s show, she is the only talk show host I ever do watch. She is considered a hero in many people’s eyes, and it’s difficult for those whose lives she has changed. Which has been thousands, maybe they haven’t been direct and personal but hearing her strong words and knowing how much she cares about the people in need. Oprah is an unbelievably caring women, since a young age she decided to take charge of her destiny and become a woman of influence.
When I first read the article, I was upset because I didn’t get the chance to watch the episode. But, her show isn’t over for another year, I found it very reasonable to confront the audience so soon. America would have been extremely mad if she had told everyone a month or a few weeks before. I wish Oprah would stay a t.v. host, but that woman has so much vocal strength that she can be heard by all over the world. I wouldn’t be surprised if she decided to go to politics. I would find it upsetting if she went there, although people listen and trust her, she would be an amazing representative. I believe I reacted the way I did because believe it or not she has probably helped out you too, and you just don’t know it. People hold her words dear to them and dignify them to be the truth. She has been a fantastic t.v. host she has the whole world as her viewers.
In conclusion, I am sad about Oprah wanting to resign from her 25 year talk show. But she is a very well known person, she needs to move on and see what else she has in fate for her. She has helped millions of people out and maybe not something huge but just the little things she talks about lets people know that their not all alone. I don't think Oprah will dissapear she has so many fans and so many people in her book club, she can;t go anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment