I found this article at cnn.news I always get into article of which the cop was the “bad guy”, don’t know why but it always strikes my attention. Joseph Ryle from Cheyenne, Wyoming a state trooper was sentenced to years in prison for kidnapping a truck driver in what prosecutors say was an aborted murder plot. I July, Ryle pleaded guilty to charges he violated the civil rights of Wal-Mart trucker Richard Smidt by pulling him over and kidnapping him in January near Douglas. Ryle also admitted to carrying a firearm during the crime, a factor that added a mandatory 5 years to his sentence.
My first reaction to this story was that it was just unbelievable. At first I wasn’t so sure on why he would even want to kidnap a trucker, then it hit me that it was a truck driver from Wal-Mart. Ryle had planned on killing the driver but then Ryle realized the trucks GPS system would contain variable information on attaining how long the truck was sitting there. It was a little confusing to really understand where his plan was going and what he was going to get out of the kidnapping or the murder.
I’d have to admit that this story was a little “out there” if you know what I mean. This cop wasn’t just out for money or fame. He claims to have a sickness that had been going on for a while and caused depression for some period of time. “There’s been times what I thought about just stuffing my pistol in my mouth and just killing myself,” Ryle said. Ryle’s parents asked Johnson for leniency, saying the highway patrol had failed to get help for their son. Smidt and Kathy Abrams, Andrea Ryle’s mother, asked the judge to impose the maximum sentence. His sentenced fluctuated but ended up being 11 years behind bars for the kidnapping of Richard Smidt. Smidt is lucky to be alive; Caspar alleged that in addition to kill Smidt, Ryle also planned to kill his wife, Andrea Ryle.
This story makes me so nervous about getting pulled over; I already was before now I’m even more scared. My first reaction did change sort of on the understanding of why he tried to kill the Wal-Mart truck driver. It was just because he is crazy; I mean he wanted to kill his wife! This man must have some kind of head trauma to be having thoughts like these. The thing that surprised me most was that everyone in the situation was trying to blame it on others instead of the one who did it. Oh it was the cops fault for not paying attention to him, well if you’re his parent don’t you think you should know if something is wrong with your son? My thoughts after reading the whole article did not change about what I think about cops and this man has mental problems and shouldn’t of became a cop in the first place.
In conclusion, this article was interesting to a certain extent then just got sad towards the end when he admitted he was going to kill his wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment