Friday, December 11, 2009

"9"

In a Grim, Mysterious World, a Burlap Hero With a Heart of Golden Fuzz

I found this article at the New York Times. I really enjoy watching Tim Burton films. My favorite movie by him is The Nightmare Before Christmas. He inspires me to be more creative and more open to something so rare it is abnormal. The abnormal is the most intreaging aspect of the whole situation. I love watching the characters at such a interesting motion. I saw 9 in the movie theater when it first came out. I thought it was of much brilliance. To me the meaning was to give a thought to the children about how the world truly is.

The story is about the world ending and a group of scientist had made mini robots. They were made out of thin material and were given a number on they’re back. 9 is the main character, he is the most brave and endearing. He is very smart and he realized landscape rich with allusions to the histories of painting, animation, fantastic literature and 20th-century totalitarianism. 9 shows remarkable imagination and visual integrity. The most unique part of the animation in this movie is the material the robots are made of. They are simply handmade, as if his tools were not a mouse and a keyboard but rather a needle and thread. 9 had a zipper that had a piece of him valuable inside it.

My first reaction to this movie was that I loved it. Not as much as I love “Nightmare Before Christmas”. Tim Burton and his passion of “weirdness” will never be replaced, whatever you decide to call his creative art madness. He is a animation saint, who will take his time to make it the most beautiful. Watching the animations he created and the details he put into every character is just admiring. He came up with ideas and inventions that has never been heard about or seen.

I was very interested when I first saw “9”, the outline of the story was a major “thinker”. It made me think of how children would come across such an adult outlook of things. It made me wonder how many children books really affect a child’s look upon life. I know that fairy tales like “Aladin.” What boy doesn’t want the princess of the land, and what kid doesn’t want a flying rug. There are tons of other stories and movies that could take advantage of influence. The thought of making such an impression might be overwhelming, unless otherwise undetected.

In conclusion, I really enjoyed watching “9” it is such a lovable story you can’t go wrong. There was a ton of action and reflections of our history’s past. The movie had a lot of monumental images and influences. I was amazed at how much the characters were very well animated and express each of them individually. If I were to become a part of t.v. production or films, I would definitely go in the direction of animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment